27 jun: IWC lancerer Big Pilot special edition i anledning af EM i fodbol..
28 jun: Når lav risiko giver højt afkast
27-06-2012 23:38:00

3rd UPDATE: T-Mobile USA CEO Philipp Humm Resigns

Relateret indhold
Relateret debat
18 feb - 
http://onx.dk/nyheder/iphone-x-er-verdens-mest-solgte-s..
18 feb - 
Køb en doogee T5 dette er bedste mobil pt. Taastrup
18 feb - 
Under World Economic Forum i januar roste milliardæren ..

--T-Mobile USA chief executive steps down abruptly

--Philipp Humm leaving to join competitor in Europe

--Search for replacement already under way, company says

(Updates with analyst comments and statement from interim CEO Jim Alling beginning in the 10th paragraph.)

By Thomas Gryta and Philipp Grontzki

T-Mobile USA, a unit of Deutsche Telekom AG (DTE.XE, DTEGY), said Wednesday that Chief Executive Philipp Humm has resigned to take a job with an unidentified competitor in Europe.

The company named Jim Alling, chief operating officer of T-Mobile USA, as interim chief executive and said a search for a successor is already under way. The move comes as the wireless company is struggling to keep up with larger U.S. rivals and upgrade its network after AT&T Inc.'s (T) $39 billion bid to acquire the company fell apart amid antitrust concerns.

Deutsche Telekom Chief Executive Rene Obermann has said selling the T-Mobile USA unit is unlikely, but the company is exploring other options, including the sale of its wireless tower portfolio.

Mr. Humm declined to comment on the situation Wednesday, noting that doing so "would be inappropriate." He said it would become clear in "a few days" where he is going to work next, but he declined to elaborate.

In a letter to T-Mobile USA staff released Wednesday, Mr. Obermann said Mr. Humm informed the company in April that he intended to leave at the end of September so he could return to his family in Europe. Mr. Humm's exit was sped up after he informed Mr. Obermann "a few days ago" that he would be joining a competitor of Deutsche Telekom.

A spokesman for Deutsche Telekom declined to name Mr. Humm's new employer.

In a press release Wednesday, Mr. Obermann said Mr. Humm gave the company "some important initiatives over the past years," including improving costs at the U.S. unit, but now the company needs "somebody who can convert initiatives into market successes."

Mr. Obermann said in the letter that he has spoken to "a number of promising candidates" to succeed Mr. Humm.

Mr. Humm's successor will face a daunting set of challenges. T-Mobile USA is in the midst of a multiyear upgrade of its network as it scrambles to make up for time lost while the planned merger with AT&T was under review.

RBC Capital Markets analyst Jonathan Atkin said any new chief executive is likely to maintain the company's current direction because there is so much committed to the turnaround plans.

"I don't think this is the time to make major changes to the strategy," he said.

In a letter to employees Wednesday, Mr. Alling said he is committed to the current strategy and leading the company to growth.

Deutsche Telekom has made it clear that it wants to exit from the U.S. business, but industry observers don't expect the company to get anything near the $39 billion valuation that AT&T was willing to pay because business has deteriorated. Some on Wall Street have speculated that the company would merge, or partner, with Sprint Nextel Corp. (S), a company that also has struggled against larger rivals AT&T and Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ).

T-Mobile USA remains the only major U.S. wireless carrier without Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) iPhone, a popular draw for many subscribers. Mr. Humm has previously said the iPhone is a major reason T-Mobile lost 1.7 million contract customers last year.

Mr. Humm joined Deutsche Telekom in 2005, and was initially responsible for the company's mobile business in Germany.

He stepped down from that position in November 2008, taking responsibility for a massive breach of customer data in 2006, when around 17 million T-Mobile customers' data were stolen. Mr. Humm has led T-Mobile since November 2010.

Write to Thomas Gryta at thomas.gryta@dowjones.com

-Greg Bensinger contributed to this article.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

June 27, 2012 17:38 ET (21:38 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2012 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

Opret kommentar

Relateret debat

  • 1 uge
  • 1 måned
  • 1 År
17 feb
AAPL
Prøv lige at læse din egen trådstart igen: “Kina har netop meddelt at apple ikke må producere i land..
8
17 feb
AAPL
Helt enig, men taastrup har en dårlig vane, med at slynge om sig med udokumenterbare påstande.
4
18 feb
AAPL
Taastrup  -  alle ved sgu da hvad en handelskrig er.   Og alle ved du er fuld af løgn når du siger d..
3
17 feb
AAPL
Taastrup, Jeg hæfter mig ved, at du nu i dette indlæg formulerer dig i fremtidsform. Kina har altså ..
3
17 feb
AAPL
Taastrup, Det må du simpelthen kunne gøre bedre. Du må i sagens natur have oplysningen et sted fra. ..
3
15 feb
AAPL
Der er gode nyheder fra Tim Cook. Endelig slår de hul på sparegrisen.   Apple said it wants to becom..
3
18 feb
AAPL
http://onx.dk/nyheder/iphone-x-er-verdens-mest-solgte-smartphone-i-oejeblikket/
2
18 feb
AAPL
Under World Economic Forum i januar roste milliardæren George Soros den danske EU-konkurrencekommiss..
2
17 feb
AAPL
så må vi have margrethe vestager ind over...det er da for galt? stavnsbinding  af ytringsfriheden må..
2
17 feb
AAPL
Taasturp - nu ved jeg ikke hvad kun jeg ved (som du skriver) - Men jeg VED at der ikke står noget om..
2

Fondsbørsmeddelelser

Vestas vinder mølleordre i USA

21-02-2018 13:57:11
Vestas har fået en ordre på 50 megawatt (MW) i USA. Ordren er på V136-3,45 MW-møllen, der er optimeret til 3,6 MW.Den mølletype har siden oktober 2017 givet Vestas en samlet ordreindgang i USA på mere end 900 MW.Det oplyser Vestas i en meddelelse.Kontrakten med kunden, der har ønsket at være anonym, omfatter levering og installation samt idriftsættelse af møllerne, og der er også en flerårig servi..

Vestas henter italiensk ordre på 57 MW - NY

21-02-2018 11:18:47
Vestas har modtaget en bestilling på vindmøller med en samlet kapacitet på 57 megawatt (MW) til et projekt i Italien.Kunden er energiselskabet E.On.Det fremgår af en meddelelse onsdag formiddag.Ordren omfatter 19 styk V112-3,0 MW-møller, og kontrakten er resultatet af et udbud over italienske vindmølleprojekter, og det såkaldte Morcone-projekt, som møllerne skal bruges til, bliver et af de største..

Mest læste nyheder

  • 24 timer
  • 48 timer
  • 1 uge
1
Aktier/tendens: Vestas, Genmab og Mærsk kan komme i fokus
2
Mærsk/Sydbank: Aktionærer kan se frem til udbetaling i 2018 eller 2019
3
Vestas vinder mølleordre i USA
4
Genmab: Darzalex-salget i USA steg med 6,2 pct. i januar
5
Aktier/åbning: Genmab, Mærsk og Vestas trækker C25 i rødt

Relaterede aktiekurser

Apple Inc 173,29 0,8% Stigning i aktiekurs
Verizon Communications I.. 48,51 -0,8% Fald i aktiekurs
AT&T Inc 36,77 0,0% Aktiekurs uændret
Sprint Corporation 5,40 -1,0% Fald i aktiekurs

Køb- og salgsanbefalinger

  • Trend
  • Pengemaskinen

Copyright Euroinvestor A/S 2018  Disclaimer Privatlivspolitik
Aktieinformation leveres af Interactive Data.
Data er forsinket 15-20 minutter iht. de enkelte børsers regler om videredistribution.
 
21. februar 2018 20:06:45
(UTC+01:00) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris
Version: LiveBranchBuild_20180219.1 - EUROWEB6 - 2018-02-21 20:06:45 - 2018-02-21 20:06:45 - 1 - Website: OKAY